White Elephant Sale Intake List
Here is a list of the items that we do and don’t accept for sale in this extraordinary annual event. We ask for “quality items please” when it comes to donations – to reduce the handling and sorting time, since we only have nine hours over two days to sell them. (Instructions for donating accepted items appears below the chart.)
|We WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY ITEMS listed below:||We GLADLY ACCEPT QUALITY ITEMS in these categories:|
|Dirty or Broken Items, or Junk||Gifts, Sundries, Knickknacks|
|Appliances, Large: Air Conditioners, Refrigerators & Freezers, Stoves , Washers & Dryers||Appliances, Small (Working)|
|Books: Technical Books, Textbooks, Encyclopedias||Books: Children’s, Fiction, Nonfiction|
|Furniture: Particle Board, Stuffed Sofas||Furniture: Indoor & Outdoor (please call to arrange donation)|
|Luggage: Hard Sided||Luggage: Soft Sided, Steamer Trunks|
|Skis: Old-Style Downhill Skis||Skis: Cross-Country Skis, “Shaped” Downhill Skis|
|TVs: Old Tube Style||TVs: Flat Screen|
|Bicycle Helmets: Used||Antiques, Fine China, Silver|
|Car Seats||Art, Sculpture, Posters, Frames|
|Computer Monitors : Old Style||Bedding, Linens|
|Fuel Cans: Gasoline, Diesel or Kerosene||Bicycles, Tricycles|
|Guns, Knives, Weapons||Boats, Canoes, Kayaks|
|Magazines, Newspapers||Clothes: Children’s, Men’s, Women’s, Fine, Fashion, Vintage, Costume & Accessories|
|Mattresses, Box Springs||Collections|
|Paint||Computer Hardware (Working)|
|Sewing Machines||Curtains, Drapes|
|Treadmills||Jewelry: Costume & Fine|
|Kitchen Items: Appliances, Dishes, Cookware|
|Sporting Goods (Good Condition)|
|Tools : House & Garden|
|Toys, Stuffed Animals|
To make a donation, please bring the items by the church during the following dates and times:
- Thursday, June 29, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. and 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday, June 30, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Saturday, July 1, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 5, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Thursday, July 6, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. and 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday, July 7, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Saturday, July 8, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Some items – including indoor and outdoor furniture – require advance notice to be donated. Please call the church office at 860-434-8686 if you have items in these categories to donate.
- 2017 WES Calendar – The specific dates we’re collecting, sorting, organizing and pricing items, and setting up the sale.
- WES History – A bulleted history of this incredible, 81-year-old local tradition.
- WES Video Gallery – Videos of past events.
- WES Photo Gallery – Photos of past events.