FAQ for New Members
What time is your worship service?
- During the pandemic, all our services are virtual. Currently, we offer a livestreamed worship service on YouTube on Sunday mornings at 11:00 a.m. Join us!
- When the pandemic ends, we will go back to our regular worship schedule.
- We offer additional, special worship services during the Advent/Christmas, Easter, Lenten and Thanksgiving seasons.
- Services usually last about an hour and fifteen minutes.
Where are you located?
- Our address is 2 Ferry Road in Old Lyme (but use “5 Ferry Road” for GPS.) You’ll find us at the corner of Lyme Street and Ferry Road. There’s plenty of parking spaces out front and along the adjacent streets with handicapped accessible parking as well.
When should I arrive?
- People generally start to gather about 15 minutes prior to a service. Our deacons will welcome you at the door and help you find a comfortable seat.
What should I wear?
- Come as you are! Some of us like to dress up and others wear casual clothes.
Do you have worship programs for children and families?
- Yes we do! Currently our “God’s Neighborhood” Sunday School program for families and young children is meeting weekly on Zoom with a monthly outdoor activity that includes masks and social distancing. Our Junior and Senior Pilgrim Fellowship programs for junior and high school students meet either online or in-person (with masks and social distancing).
- When the pandemic ends, we will return to our regular programming for families, children and teens. For more information about our programs for children and families, click here.
- We love kids so all are welcome to join in worship with us. Children typically attend the 9:00 a.m. Sunday morning service with their parents, then leave for Sunday School around 9:30 a.m. Parents can meet their children at 10:30 in Fellowship Hall or pick them up outside of the Sunday School classrooms.
- Infant care is available during the 9:00 a.m. service.
Is the church accessible?
- If you or a family member have special mobility needs, we will endeavor to make your visit as easy as possible. We value inclusivity and gathering together in all our unique, intergenerational glory. We have large-print bulletins, assisted-hearing devices and toys/bags for any youngsters. We welcome noisy children and wiggly adults of all ages!
- Please contact the church office at 860-434-8686 for more information about parking, accessibility within our building or any other questions that will help you plan your visit.
My family would not necessarily be defined as "traditional." Will we be welcome?
- We are an open and affirming church.
- We welcome and embrace people of every age, ethnicity, culture, marital status and family structure, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, physical and mental ability, economic and social status, and religious or nonreligious background.
Do you offer adult education opportunities?
Yes. Many. We offer Adult Education Forums, book clubs, partnership trips, weekly Bible Study and special enrichment opportunities. For more information, click here.
Can I leave my contact information so someone can get in touch with me?
Yes. Please send us your name and contact information via email to email@example.com. We would love to reach out to you and extend you a personal welcome.
How can I get more information?
- If you would like more information before or after you visit us, please contact the church office at 860-434-8686 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also invite you to attend a coffee hour following our Sunday During the pandemic, we’re sharing our coffee with each other on Zoom on Sundays at 12:30 p.m.
- You can also check out our Facebook and YouTube pages.
- Our ministers and congregation members will be delighted to extend you a more personal welcome.
- We look forward to meeting you!